Due to Advent, the closure of the Zagreb rotor is being postponed

first_imgThe works on the Zagreb rotor are being postponed for the first time, which would otherwise be bad news, but this time, the people of Zagreb welcome this move, especially the tourist workers.Namely, the rotor was scheduled to close on December 15 in the midst of Advent in Zagreb, to which the citizens of Zagreb and tourist workers appealed and initiated an initiative to postpone the closure of Rotor after Advent due to the huge crowds in the city that are otherwise large, let alone when the rotor will close.In response to the reaction of many citizens of Zagreb who believe that the Remetinec rotor should not be closed during Advent when there will be huge crowds in the city, Zagreb Mayor Milan Bandić told Media Servis that the works will start after the New Year. “They knock on the open door, I think we’ll do it after the New Year”, Said Bandic for Media servis.Although, as Večernji list claims, the reason for postponing the closure of the rotor for traffic for the third time is not the will of the citizens, as Mayor Milan Bandić claims, but a shift in which works are being performed, ie poor planning. However, it is certain that the postponement of the works, ie the closure of the rotor, is a good move because it will avoid huge crowds in the already busy congested city.This year’s Zagreb Advent, which in recent years has been declared the best such event in Europe, will begin on December 1 and last until January 6, 2019, with special emphasis on cultural events that will put the people of Zagreb and their guests in a festive mood and anticipation. ChristmasAdvent in Zagreb is the most important event in our capital, and last year there was an increase of 17% in arrivals and 18% in overnight stays. Namely, according to the data of the Tourist Board, in December 2017, 111.429 arrivals and 201.734 overnight stays were recorded, while in December 2016, 94.573 arrivals and 169.095 overnight stays were recorded.Attachment: CLOSURE OF ZAGREB ROTOR FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF ONE RENTERlast_img read more

Read More »

Boynton Beach Man Pulls Gun on Girlfriend, Leads Police on 100MPH Chase

first_imgBoynton Beach Police say a man fled from officers by driving at 100mph, causing several crashes after pulling a gun on his girlfriend in the middle of an argument.Officers arrested 22-year-old Jacques Joseph this week on charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault on an officer, fleeing or eluding police, and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.The dispute allegedly started outside the woman’s home on Miner Road. Police say Joseph and the woman were arguing, when he suddenly pointed a gun at her.Police located Joseph in the driver’s seat of an SUV at a home on NE 1st Street. He sped away as an officer was trying to conduct a traffic stop.Courtesy: Palm Beach County Sheriff’s OfficeAccording to the arrest report, Joseph drove recklessly through city streets, onto to I-95, and to Delray Beach while going about 100 mph. At one point, he slammed on his brakes and swerved toward an officer, causing that officer to move to avoid a crash.The pursuit resulted in crashes involving civilian and law enforcement vehicles, according to police.Officers eventually were able to detain Joseph on Linton Blvd. in Delray Beach.Although they did not find the weapon he had used on the woman, a witness told officers that she heard the “racking” of a gun during the argument.Joseph was taken to the Palm Beach County Jail. He made his first court appearance Thursday morning, where a judge set a $5,000 bond.last_img read more

Read More »

Fulham extend loan of Swansea defender

first_imgFulham have extended the loan deal of Swansea right-back Jazz Richards until the end of the season.Richards, 23, has made five appearances for Fulham since joining in January, although he has yet to be on the winning side.The Wales international has played seven times for the Swans in the Premier League this season, playing the full 90 minutes in their 2-0 win over QPR in December.He had previous loan spells in the Championship with Crystal Palace in 2012-13 and Huddersfield in 2013-14.Meanwhile, Joss Passley’s loan deal with League Two Portsmouth has also been extended until the end of the campaign.See also:Richards makes permanent Fulham switchFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebookjlast_img

Read More »

PBA to honor Marawi soldiers in Game 6

first_imgJapan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 The league will honor the heroes, who brought back peace to the war-torn town, at  halftime.The troops are expected to be part of another capacity crowd in Bocaue, Bulacan where the Gin Kings shoot for their second straight titleFEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSunday’s Game 5 set the biggest crowd in PBA Finals history, attracting 36,445 fans in the world’s largest indoor arena. Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Read Next QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:02Fajardo predicts there will be no sweep in PBA Finals01:30’Excited’ Terrence Romeo out to cherish first PBA finals appearance01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Ravena-led crew rules Draft Combine mini-tournament Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netShowing its appreciation for the men in uniform, the PBA will honor the valiant soldiers who fought in the Marawi insurgency on Wednesday.Twenty-five soldiers were invited to watch Game 6 of the 2017 PBA Governors’ Cup Finals between Barangay Ginebra and Meralco at Philippine Arena on Wednesday.ADVERTISEMENT Kin of Misamis Oriental hero cop to get death benefits, award — PNP Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH MOST READ View commentslast_img read more

Read More »

World Series champion Astros hold off on White House talk

first_imgQC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort The Astros also agreed to terms with New York Yankees third base coach Joe Espada to replace Alex Cora as bench coach. Cora was hired to manage the Boston Red Sox. LATEST STORIES Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH View comments Pistorius case returns as prosecutors seek longer sentence World Series MVP George Springer said his grandfather worked in Washington for years and he has respect for what a visit to the White House would mean.“That’s the most historic place in our country, it stands for a lot, it means a lot to a lot of people,” Springer said. “If the team goes I’m going. I’m not going to say no. I understand the impact of it. … I understand the stuff that’s been happening. Yes there are things that have to change but there are always things that have to change. There isn’t anything that is ever going to be perfect. If the team goes I’ll go.”Also on Friday, general manager Jeff Luhnow said the team had exercised the options of All-Star second baseman Jose Altuve and utility man Marwin Gonzalez. Altuve’s option is for $6 million and Gonzalez’s for $5,125,000.Altuve led the majors with a .346 average and hit 24 homers with 81 RBIs. Gonzalez batted .303 with 23 homers and a team-leading 90 RBIs.Houston also has a 2019 option on Altuve for $6.5 million.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Houston Astros’ Jose Altuve and Jake Marisnick celebrate after Game 7 of baseball’s World Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017, in Los Angeles. The Astros won 5-1 to win the series 4-3. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)HOUSTON — The World Series champion Houston Astros have not made the decision yet on whether they will visit the White House to meet with President Donald Trump if an invitation is extended.“We just won the first world championship in Houston Astros history,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said shortly before the team left for a celebratory parade through downtown Houston on Friday. “We’re also in one of the most divided countries, polarizing countries in politics. I don’t know that this is the best stage for everybody to declare one way or the other and try to comment on the moment and be too much of a political statement.”ADVERTISEMENT CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Trump attends World Series baseball game in Washington DC PLAY LIST 01:04Trump attends World Series baseball game in Washington DC02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Read Next The New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Penguins and Clemson Tigers have all visited the White House in recent months to be congratulated by the president for their titles. The Golden State Warriors did not make the trip after being disinvited by Trump. The president has been outspoken for weeks about his opposition to players kneeling during the national anthem to protest social injustices.Following the Astros’ 5-1 victory against the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 7 on Wednesday night, Trump tweeted his congratulations to the team.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutHinch said he believes that the Astros should savor their accomplishment, but a decision on a White House visit would need to wait.“What comes out of this moving forward on the political side or what we do or don’t do or what sports has turned into, to kind of representing the country’s tone — that’ll be decided in time,” he said. “We’re not going to allow anything to polarize this moment that we want to celebrate with our fans.” Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMClast_img read more

Read More »