Offices: south Manchester

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Read More »

Biden brands Trump ‘absolute fool’ for mocking mask use

first_imgTrump retweeted a photograph of Biden and an accompanying message that mocked the former vice president for wearing a mask.”He’s a fool, an absolute fool, to talk that way,” Biden said. “Every leading doc in the world is saying you should wear a mask when you’re in a crowd.”Asked whether wearing a mask projected weakness or strength, Biden chose a different description.”It presents and projects as leadership,” Biden said. “Presidents are supposed to lead, not engage in folly and be falsely masculine.” Joe Biden attacked President Donald Trump as an “absolute fool” Tuesday for belittling his election rival over recently wearing a mask, an issue that has become a partisan flashpoint during the coronavirus pandemic.The Democratic Party’s presumptive 2020 presidential nominee had a series of choice words for the Republican incumbent, telling CNN in his first in-person interview since March that Trump has become increasingly erratic.The interview, conducted in Biden’s garden and with social distancing measures in place, followed Memorial Day ceremonies Monday in which Biden wore a mask and Trump was bare-faced. Topics :center_img Trump, who is 73, and Biden, 77, are both at high risk from COVID-19 because of their age.Trump has refused to appear in public wearing a mask, and many of the Americans who are bare-faced at demonstrations calling for states to immediately reopen are supporters of the president.”This macho stuff,” Biden added, has “cost people’s lives.”An hour before the interview aired, Trump questioned why Biden would wear a mask outdoors, in “perfect conditions, perfect weather,” while he does not wear a mask in his home with his wife.”So I thought it was very unusual that he had one on,” Trump said at the White House.Trump has repeatedly mocked Biden as too old or gaffe-prone to wrest the White House from him in November’s election. Biden said he did not want to engage in name-calling with a president who is all-too-willing to do so, but he did not hesitate to point out Trump’s apparent anxiety over slippage in the polls.”He seems to get more erratic, the more he feels like he’s behind the curve,” Biden said.On Tuesday Biden changed the profile image on his Twitter feed to a photograph of him wearing a black mask.last_img read more

Read More »

PREMIUM Don’t force special autonomy on us, Papuan priests say

first_imgLog in with your social account LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Google Facebook Forgot Password ? Linkedin Topics : Papua Otsus-fund special-autonomy #Papua #special-autonomy #Otsus #Otsus-fund A group of 57 Catholic priests from across Papua Island have demanded that the government put a stop to the “forced continuation of special autonomy [Otsus] in Papua”.The spokesperson of the group, John Bunai, a Catholic priest from the Papuan capital Jayapura, urged the government, policymakers and local administrations in a press conference last week to evaluate how the Otsus Law is enforced and to assess whether it has helped improve the lives of Papuans.The law on special autonomy in Papua and West Papua provinces was passed in 2001 during the administration of former president Megawati Soekarnoputri to guarantee Papuans the right to manage their own region politically, economically and culturally. It also stipulates the allocation of special autonomy funds, valid for 20 years.As the funding will stop next year, the House of Representatives has included delibe…last_img read more

Read More »

Emmanuel Adebayor names Spurs boss Jose Mourinho as ‘best coach in the history of football’

first_imgEmmanuel Adebayor names Spurs boss Jose Mourinho as ‘best coach in the history of football’ Comment Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 4 Aug 2020 4:58 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link4.4kShares Adebayor is still plying his trade at 36 years of age (Picture: Getty Images)Former Arsenal and Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor has named Jose Mourinho as the ‘best coach in the history of football’, snubbing Arsene Wenger.The 36-year-old has enjoyed spells in France, England and Spain, where he played for top clubs such as Monaco, the Gunners, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Spurs.Adebayor was coached by Arsenal and Premier League icon Wenger for three years, while he linked up with Mourinho at Madrid in the 2011-12 campaign and won the Copa del Rey.Speaking to Spanish outlet AS about his time under Mourinho, the striker branded the Spurs boss as the greatest in the history of the sport.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘I love Mourinho, we had a great relationship and he was the one who brought me to Madrid, although it wasn’t easy for him to find a place for me in the side,’ Adebayor said.‘The only trophy I have ever won was at Madrid with him. Now he’s at Tottenham and I wish him the best of luck.‘He is the best coach in the history of football.’ Advertisement Adebayor thinks Mourinho is the best of the best (Picture: Getty Images)When asked which of his previous clubs had the biggest impact on him, Adebayor chose Madrid.‘I’ve played for Monaco, Arsenal and City, among other teams before coming to Madrid and so I could see the difference,’ he added.‘Madrid is way ahead of the rest. I enjoyed a wonderful experience there. I love Real Madrid and I would like to go back and say my goodbyes when I get the chance.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘Signing for Madrid was the best moment of my life. But in the end, it was the place where I played the least football of my career – nevertheless it was the club which left the biggest mark on me.‘The organisation was incredible, how I was treated, the affection from the fans… Everything.’MORE: Why Mikel Arteta is ‘convinced’ that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wants to stay at ArsenalMORE: Paul Merson urges Manchester United to replace Anthony Martial with Tottenham’s Harry KaneFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and InstagramFor more stories like this, check our sport page Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More »

Fred. Olsen plans wave device redeployment off Hawaii

first_imgFred. Olsen has informed that the US Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) will sponsor another deployment of BOLT Lifesaver device at the wave energy test site outside Marine Corps Base in Hawaii.Final budget approval by NAVFAC and the formal project execution is expected to take place August this year, Even Hjetland, Project Manager at Fred. Olsen, confirmed.Fred. Olsen’s point absorber wave energy device was recently retrieved from the US Navy’s Kaneohe Bay Wave Energy Test Site (WETS), and towed to Pearl Harbor where it will undergo refurbishment and modification before redeployment.The device will be reinstalled at WETS’ 30-meter-deep testing berth around the end of the year for another round of testing which is expected to last for six months, according to Hjetland.The project will be managed by Hawaii Natural Energy Institute (HNEI), with Fred. Olsen and University of Washington as subcontracted providers of hardware and engineering support.Hjetland added that all marine operations will be conducted by a local marine services provider Sea Engineering.The scope for this deployment, according to Hjetland, has three primary components. The first is to increase stiffness in the winch mooring lines for increased power performance.Hjetland said: “Under the previous deployment at the 60-meter site, these mooring lines were way below specified stiffness values. This resulted in much of the hull motion being spent straining these lines rather than rotate the winch drum, resulting in reduced power production performance. We expect the increased stiffness to increase power production by about 50%.”Also, Hjetland revealed that Applied Physics Lab at University of Washington will lead a mechanical, electrical and datalink integration of an oceanographic sensor package on the BOLT Lifesaver device, as well as the components from a subsea inductive charging technology by the Seattle-based company WiBotic, to enable demonstration of operating these systems with power generated by ocean waves.“The application that Fred. Olsen is commercially pursuing with our wave energy technology, is as a provider of power and communication link to offshore systems. For this deployment, we also aim to demonstrate low power export and fiber optics link for a small sensor at about 15-meter water depth,” concluded Hjetland.last_img read more

Read More »

Xodus Boosts Decom Unit

first_imgInternational energy consultancy Xodus Group has appointed Gareth Jones as its Decom Lead.The appointment follows a successful year for Xodus’ decommissioning division which has secured several new clients and won £2-million of work in 2018.Jones will be responsible for advising and supporting operators in relation to environmental and societal impacts associated with decommissioning.Jones joins Xodus from BMT Cordah where he led the company’s international decommissioning activities. Previously, he was a marine ecologist with Marine Scotland, providing advice and support in relation to commercial fisheries and marine fish species for oil and gas, renewables and infrastructure projects.He will work with Xodus’ decommissioning director, Enrico Salardi, who has recently relocated to the UK from the company’s Perth office.last_img read more

Read More »

Ideol and Elicio Preparing Joint Offer for ScotWind Leasing

first_imgIdeol and Elicio have partnered ahead of Crown Estate Scotland’s upcoming offshore wind leasing round to offer to co-develop floating wind farms off Scotland.On October 31, the two companies informed that they were preparing a joint offer for ScotWind leasing, adding that they aim to co-develop floating wind projects with the highest level of local added-value.“Combining the track-record of Ideol in floating wind and the experience of Elicio in offshore wind offers a unique value proposition maximising certainty of a successful project development, based on the effective creation of a Scottish supply chain, a competitive LCOE and a proven floating technology,” said Paul de la Guérivière, CEO of Ideol.Elicio holds a 50% stake in the Belgian Norther offshore wind farm, and 12.5% in the Rentel offshore wind farm. The company is also one of the partners behind the development of the Seamade offshore wind farm.Crown Estate Scotland is expected to announce the ScotWind leasing launch date in November.The launch has been delayed two times so far, with Crown Estate Scotland explaining that the final timings of the leasing are directly linked to the development of Marine Scotland’s Sectoral Marine Plan (SMP) for Offshore Wind.The SMP will help ensure maximum transparency and fairness from the beginning of the process and give all stakeholders confidence that they can take well-founded decisions, Crown Estate Scotland said.The closing date for applications is expected to be around four weeks after the Adopted SMP is available.last_img read more

Read More »

Somali Doctor’s Initiatiates a Programme to assist an escalated number of…

first_imgA doctor in Somalia has started a campaign to address mental disorder in the country. The campaign dubbed chain free program is focused on helping the one out of three people suffering from mental illness in Somalia.Somalia’s years of civil war exposing people to violence and trauma with lack of health services to cater to people left those with mental, physical and psychological challenges to confront significant social stigmas on their own according to research.Doctor Ibdirahman Awale has taken it upon himself to assist thousands of victims suffering from mental disorder. Doctor Awale is now campaigning for other health practitioners to join his cause.35 people including doctors, nurses and social workers from across the country have been trained in assisting the mentally ill. Human Rights Watch has a report on mental patients being abused and living in poor conditions in some institutions in Somaliland, the semi-autonomous region in northern Somalia.Months into treatment some of doctor Awale’s patients have started showing signs of improvement at the rehabilitation center. With little funds the doctor has been able to treat more than 15,000 people since 2005 November.People with mental disorder require love and support to overcome the disease according to the doctor.last_img read more

Read More »

NBA: Antetokounmpo donates masks to Greek city

first_imgRead Also: Ighalo names three Man Utd stars who helped him settleThe municipality announced that the masks donated by the Antetokounmpo family will be immediately distributed to employees in the region and to vulnerable groups.On Wednesday the Greek government announced 52 new coronavirus cases in the country, bringing the total to 1,884. Greece has so far reported 83 deaths from the virus.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Greek basketball star Giannis Antetokounmpo and his brothers donated 10,000 surgical masks to the Athens suburb of Zografou on Wednesday to help fight the coronavirus outbreak.Advertisement Loading… “The municipality of Zografou wants to express its great gratitude to the Antetokounmpo family for offering 10,000 masks to the residents of the city as a measure of protection against the Covid-19 virus,” a statement from the municipality said.The gesture from the family, “in addition to the substantial offer to the citizens of Zografou, proves the close bond that the Antetokounmpo brothers have with the city that remained for several years their home,” it added.The mayor of Zografou thanked Greek basketball star Giannis Antetokounmpo (pictured January 2020) and his brothers for donating surgical masks to the Athens suburbMilwaukee Bucks standout Giannis, last season’s NBA MVP, and his brothers Thanasis, Kostas and Alexis grew up in poverty in their early days in Greece where their parents had arrived from Nigeria as immigrants.They grew up selling merchandise in the streets of the capital in order to help their poor family, but basketball changed their lives and Giannis signed a $100 million four-year contract with the Bucks in 2016.“I thank from the bottom of my heart the Antetokounmpo brothers for their generous offer which acquires even greater dimensions because it takes place during these difficult times for the entire planet,” said Zografou mayor Vassilis Thodas.“With their offer they confirm that they have not forgotten the city and when the nightmare of the coronavirus is over, the municipality will honour Giannis and his brothers accordingly,” he added. Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterBest Car Manufacturers In The World8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth10 Risky Jobs Some Women Dolast_img read more

Read More »

Over 200 Antique MSMEs apply for loan assistance

first_imgThe SB Corporation is now in the process of conducting actual visits to the MSMEs and validating them./PN All 18 municipalities in this province have Negosyo Centers where business counselors receive application forms. She added: The applications were received from May 5 until June 1. “As part of the requirements, a business must have been legitimately operating for at least one year immediately prior to March 16, 2020,” Cardinal said.(With a report from PNA/PN) Micro, small and medium entrepreneurs in Antique affected by coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic apply for the Department of Trade and Industry’s Pondo sa Pagbabago at Pag-asenso program at the agency’s provincial office in this undated photo. DTI-ANTIQUEI PNA The SB Corporation, an attached agency of the DTI, extends loans ranging from P10,000 to P200,000 for micro-enterprises and P200,000 to P500,000 for small enterprises – all payable for up to 24 months. Cardinal said the P3 program, which used to have 0.5 percent interest per month, has lately been made to zero interest with a six to eight percent service charge.DTI undersecretary Abdulgani Macatoman, for his part, said during the “Laging Handa” briefing hosted by Presidential Communications Operations Office secretary Martin Andanar that DTI Negosyo Centers in the municipalities could assist MSMEs. SAN JOSE, Antique – The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in this province has received 251 applications from micro, small and medium entrepreneurs (MSMEs) seeking loan assistance under the Pondo sa Pagbabago at Pag-asenso (P3) program due to damages brought by coronavirus disease 2019.“We have now endorsed to the Small Business Corporation (SB Corporation) the applications for the P3 program,” said DTI-Antique information officer Engr. Lynna Joy Cardinal on Monday.last_img read more

Read More »